KENYA GENDER-BASED VIOLENCE INITIATIVE PARTNERSHIP SINCE 2014
83% of women and girls report one or more episodes of physical abuse in childhood
75% of women report having suffered from gender-based domestic violence in the homestead
46% of women report at least one incident of sexual abuse as a child
36% of rural women report having experienced female genetal mutilation
25% report losing their virginity by force
These statistics are staggering and we are stepping into this part of the world to make a difference.
The Kenya Gender-Based Violence Partnership unites several different organizations with like-minded goals to collaborate in the development of a multi-faceted response to the problem of GBV.
Nazarene Compassionate Organization of Kenya is a faith-based, non-profit organization grounded in the Church of the Nazarene. We are spreading the message of holiness and making a difference in people and communities with emphasis on the growth of individuals spiritually, physically, mentally, morally and psycho-socially.
The Kenya GBV Partnership is building its initiatives around five pillars. These five integrated services focus on counseling survivors, strengthening families, and improving community support and response to GBV.
The Five Pillars:
1. Training to address how community institutions can support a no-tolerance stance on GBV and, as these institutions are often the "first responders," how to counsel survivors.
2. Counseling services to be provided to survivors of GBV by locally trained counselors.
3. Integrated service delivery through a GBV Resource Center - Wings of Hope - including crisis counseling, access to medical services, access to law enforcement, child support, and post-crisis support for employment and survival.
4. Family Reunification, seeking to reconnect families that have been torn apart by famine, war, and human migration.
5. Sustainable Agriculture component that is initially focused on Lodwar, where the local beneficiaries of famine relief funds have raised funds and purchased 100 acres of land so they can raise maize, beans, watermelon, and other crops.
If you are interested in becoming involved in this project, or you would like to make a donation toward this international mission project, please contact Pastor Sabrina Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office at (615)255-1289.
Kenya Partnership Vision Team 2014
Lodwar Farm Workers
Water Well at Lodwar Farm
Kenya Partnership Mission Trip 2015
2015 Kenya Team at Nazarene Compound in Nairobi, Kenya
The 2017 Team Kenya Outreach Partnership Mission Team is formming and is making plans for their trip which will be November 5-17, 2017. Please be in prayer for these individuals as they are raising funds and making preparation for this trip. If you would like information about how you can support this team, please contact Pastor Sabrina Jones at (615)255-1289 or email@example.com.
"Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression, bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause." Isaiah 1:17