Dear NFCN Kids Families & Ministry Volunteers,
Oh my, our summer is about to wrap up! It’s time to start thinking about back-to-school shopping. Tax free weekend shopping is July 28-30. Enjoy!
This Sunday, July 30 at 9:00am our Wednesday night Elementary Children’s Choir will sing the two hymns they having been working on the past few months: Holy, Holy, Holy, and Nothing but the Blood. We will need these children to arrive by 8:15am in the Sanctuary on Sunday to rehearse the hymns. They will rehearsal this Wednesday night at 6pm as usual. All other elementary children should simply check-into Kids Worship as usual.
This Sunday is also Serve Sunday. Those who are able, I trust you will engage in helping us with this church-wide outreach in hands-on ministry throughout middle Tennessee.
Don’t miss Promotion Sunday on August 6 during Sunday School. We will have an open house that morning so that parents will have an opportunity to meet their child’s new Sunday School teacher. Have you sent a thank you card to your child’s present teacher? It is a great idea to show them appreciation for the commitment they have made over this past year. We LOVE our SS teachers!
We are in need of 2nd grade Sunday School teachers. If you would be interested in serving this year, please let me know.
Kids Fun Night is Wednesday, August 9 at 6:00pm. 2 years through 5th grade should come in their swimsuits and bring towels. We’ll play games outside and get wet. This is the same night that our adult electives will kick-off. Parents not working in Kids Ministry are encouraged to find a small group with which to grow. Wednesday Family Dinners will also start back up on August 9. Call Traci Myatt in the church office to order your dinner. The cost is $5 each.
MINISTRY in PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS: The hope is that this information allows for Bible-based education/discussion to continue within your home.
- Sunday, July 30 – Nehemiah Seeks God’s Forgiveness for Israel, Nehemiah 1:1-2:9. God restores us. Children will ask God for restoration in their lives and worship God for his forgiveness.
- Wednesday, July 26 – Elementary Children’s Choir @ 6:00pm will rehearse two hymns for Sunday when they will lead in worship during the 9:00am service. Lesson: Jesus Provided Bread from Heaven. Matthew 14:13-21; Mark 6:30-44; John 6:1-14. Jesus fed 5,000 people with five loaves and two fish. Memory Verse is John 20:31 “But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”
MINISTRY in UPCOMING NFCN Kids EVENTS:
- Sunday, July 30 – 9:00am our Wednesday Night NFCN Kid’s Choir will sing two hymns they’ve been learning, Holy, Holy, Holy and Nothing but the Blood. Choir kids should arrive by 8:00am on Sunday to rehearse these two songs. This is also Serve Sunday, and we encourage those of you who are able to join your SS class with the project(s) they have chosen. Join us at 6:30pm for Nashville Sounds Faith Night. Call the church office for tickets.
- Friday, August 4 – 5th Grade Promotion Dinner, 6:30pm at Jeff & Lisa Moore’s House at 117 Audubon Lane, Hendersonville, TN 37075. This is for 5th graders and their parents.
- Sunday, August 6 – Promotion Sunday & Kids Ministry Open House
- Wednesday, August 9 – Kids Fun Night – Parents are free to attend an elective. New electives will kick-off this night. Dinner will also return at 5:00pm. Order through Traci Myatt by calling 615-255-1289.
- Sunday, August 13 – Elementary Family Worship, Homecoming Sunday, No Sunday School, Brunch Between the 9:00 & 11:15 services.
- Sunday, August 20 – Christmas Musical Practice Begins at 9:00am & 11:15am.
- Sunday, August 27 – 5th Grade Leadership Retreat at Lisa & Jeff Moore’s.
AUTOMATIC NFCN Kids MINISTRY CALENDAR EVENT UPDATES
From your smartphone, click here: https://solutions.acstechnologies.com/crm/events/111818/childrens-ministries.ics/
MINISTRY TO PARENTS
- Mother’s of Preschoolers (MOPS) group is forming at NFCN. Contact Mrs. Tara Stieber if you are interested. The first gathering will be September 1, 2017.
- Our next Parent’s Night Out is Friday, September 29, 2017 from 6:30-9:30pm. Enter at Kid Central. Pizza is provided. Cost is $5/child. Make plans now for a night out. Register online at www.nfcn.org/parents-night-out or call the church office at 615-255-1289.
Sabrina L. Jones
Nashville First Church of the Nazarene
Strengths: Achiever - Learner - Activator - Intellection - Input