Dear NFCN Kids Families & Ministry Volunteers,
Our weekend at NFCN was filled with wonderful moments with Andy & Missy Talbot, NazRec Kids Basketball, a great installation service in our African congregation, and a fun morning on Super Bowl Sunday for the kids! God continues to transform lives at 510 Woodland through a variety of ministry opportunities. I trust you are engaged in ministry sharing the love of Jesus with others. What a humbling experience to serve the One who spoke the universe into existence.
Could you help us? We are raising funds to replace all of our nursery cribs. The cost is $330 per crib. If you are able to contribute to this project, please mark your check “Nursery Crib Project.” Either hand me the check or place it in the offering (online giving for this is also an option just note the project).
Construction continues today in the elementary worship room. They are completing our new stage and finishing the installation of cabinets & countertops for our pancake station and the audio/video booth. Help me thank David Wigart and his crew for their continued commitment to working each week on the physical building needs of our church. This has been a very long process but there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I have scheduled ministry-specific training for our Sunday Morning Kids Worship Team this month. One of the goals in Kids Ministry this year is to kick-up the impactful engagement that happens during worship. I am so grateful for creative minds that will be pouring into helping us accomplish this goal.
NazSafe is an extremely important safeguard for our Kids Ministry. If you are a ministry volunteer who lacks completion of a phase of this process, please make it a priority. Remember that this process has been moved to an on-line environment. If you completed pieces of it in a class setting six years ago, but have not finished it online, you will be required to do so. Anyone who leads, assists, drives for, or hosts ministries to children or youth at First Church must be NazSafe. Thank you for helping your team be 100% compliant!
Why are our pastors adding their Top 5 Strengths to their signature lines? Last week we enjoyed our first Pastoral Retreat under the leadership of Pastor Don Diehl, who asked that we all begin to share and live into our strengths. How freeing to realize we were never intended to be well-rounded. Mine are listed below. Learn to love people for their strengths and not despise them for their weaknesses. The weaknesses that you each have are a part of your Creator’s design, so be okay with them. How will that understanding change how you speak about people within the Body of Christ? Our hope is that you begin to respect others for who God designed them to be.
Our next opportunity for baptism is Sunday, April 9, Palm Sunday. Please let me know if your child is ready to be baptized. The class to prepare the candidates will be held during Sunday School on Sunday, March 19.
MINISTRY in PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS: The hope is that this information allows for Bible-based education/discussion to continue within your home.
- Sunday, February 12 – Zacchaeus Climbs a Tree to See Jesus – Luke 19:1-10
- Wednesday, February 8 – Nehemiah Heard News of Jerusalem – Nehemiah 1-2
MINISTRY in UPCOMING NFCN Kids EVENTS:
- Friday, February 17 – 6:30-9:30pm Parent’s Night Out. Register Online. Cost is $5/child.
- Sunday, February 26 – Preds Faith Night at 6pm. No evening activities at the church. Emmaus will meet. Let Adam Twining know if you’d like a ticket. Cost is $35 each.
- Saturday, March 4 – 8:00am-3:30pm is Mid-South District Improve Your Serve for all church members. This event begins and ends with a collective gathering. There are workshops in the morning and afternoon of your choice. Free childcare is available. A lunch will be served. More details will be available through your Sunday School classes.
- Friday, March 10 – 6:30-9:30pm Parent’s Night Out. Register Online. Cost is $5/child.
- Sunday, March 19 – 10:15am NFCN Kids Baptism Class for candidates during Sunday School.
- Sunday, April 9 – Palm Sunday. Baptism Sunday.
- Wednesday, April 12 – No Wednesday Activities. – Let’s Celebrate Holy Week!
- Thursday, April 13 – Maundy Thursday Service at Bethel @ 6:30pm. Paid Childcare.
- Friday, April 14 – Good Friday Service at NFCN @ 6:30pm. Paid Childcare.
- Saturday, April 15 – Eggstravaganza at East Park at 11:00am. Bring your baskets!
- Sunday, April 16 – Easter Sunday. 9:00am & 11:15am Services. Breakfast Between. No Sunday School. No PM. Emmaus will meet.
- Friday, April 21 – Parent’s Night Out. Register online. 6:30-9:30pm. $5/child.
- 2017 Vacation Bible School Dates – June 12-16 from 9:00am-12:00pm
- 2017 Church Camp Dates—Tween Camp (4th & 5th Graders) July 10-14, and Early Elementary Camp (1st—3rd Graders) July 3-6.
MINISTRY TO PARENTS
- Our next First Ladies Connect is Thursday, February 16, 2017. See details at http://nfcn.org/adults/FirstLadiesConnect.
- Our Women’s Ministry Spring Retreat is scheduled for March 31 – April 2, 2017. Registration is open on Sunday mornings in the foyer through March 12.
- Our next Parent’s Night Out is Friday, February 17, 2017 from 6:30-9:30pm. Enter at Kid Central. Pizza is provided. Cost is $5/child. Make plans now for a night out. Register online at www.nfcn.org/parents-night-out or call the church office at 615-255-1289.
Sabrina L. Jones
Nashville First Church of the Nazarene
Strengths: Achiever - Learner - Activator - Intellection - Input